Not all certifications are created equal
When you’re scaling one of the Seven Summits, you need to trust your Kilimanjaro guide’s training.
That’s why Thomson goes further than other companies: all mountain guides are certified by internationally-recognized Sentinel Outdoor Institute (SOI) as Wilderness First Responders. That’s more than an in-house training program: it’s the highest standard of guide training on Kilimanjaro.
Many other companies certify heads guides only or no guides at all. Thomson provides certified head and assistant guides, pairing trekkers with the mountain’s most-capable personnel at all times.
Thomson’s Kilimanjaro guides are a cut above:
- Fluent in English and Swahili
- Each guide has 100-200+ professional summits of Kilimanjaro
- Trained to use extensive emergency equipment, including Gamow bags, stretchers, AEDs, oxygen, and life-saving medications
- Have led prominent groups like MTV, WaterCan, and Through the Roof
- Regularly check guests for signs of altitude sickness
- Trained in high-altitude evacuations