Not all certifications are created equal
When you’re scaling one of the Seven Summits, you need to trust your Kilimanjaro guide’s training.
That’s why Thomson goes further than other companies: all our head guides are certified by internationally-recognized Sentinel Outdoor Institute (SOI) as Wilderness First Responders. That’s more than an in-house training program: it’s the highest standard of guide training on Kilimanjaro.
Thomson’s Kilimanjaro guides are a cut above:
- Fluent in English and Swahili
- Each guide has 100-200+ professional summits of Kilimanjaro
- Trained to use extensive emergency equipment, including Gamow bags, stretchers, AEDs, oxygen, and life-saving medications
- Have led prominent groups like MTV, WaterCan, and Through the Roof
- Regularly check guests for signs of altitude sickness
- Trained in high-altitude evacuations