Wineland-Thomson Adventures is an adventure travel company based in Watertown. For over 40 years we’ve been offering enriching travel experiences both internationally and domestically. Our team is passionate and committed to our guests, our company, and the communities in which we operate. We also love a good time! We appreciate nature, adventure, and each other. From the big picture down to the finite details, we love what we do.
About the Job
As a sales consultant, you’ll work with qualified leads to create one-of-a-kind travel experiences. From the first phone call to the official booking, you’ll be there to guide them through the planning process. You’ll help answer questions, determine destinations, select itineraries, and get guests excited to take their dream trip with Wineland-Thomson!
You’re a people person! You don’t shy away from phone conversations and you love to help. You consider yourself a planner, are highly organized, and goal-oriented. You’re creative and a hard worker, and enjoy being around people with those same qualities. You can be independent and driven, and supportive team player at the same time. You’re ready to learn about new places and share that knowledge with discerning guests.
- Become a destination expert after training with fellow team members
- Connect with guests and build relationships with phone calls and emails
- Engage with new and long-term leads from our company database
- Create and send itineraries and proposals for both standard and customized trips
- Coordinate with our Boston and international partners to confirm trip itineraries
- Collect details and payment to book and confirm guests’ itineraries
- Meet and exceed sales targets and team goals
- Work to continually refine and improve our product and brand image
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Exceptional phone manner
- Exemplary written and oral communication skills
- Finely tuned time-management and organizational abilities
- Able to adapt and learn on the fly, while knowing when to ask for help
- Familiarity with MS Office, especially Excel and Outlook
- Experience using database software (bonus points for experience with FileMaker!)
- Minimum three years sales experience
Please submit a resume and a cover letter that demonstrates your ability to sell us on anything! If you do not submit a cover letter, we will not read your resume. Please, no calls regarding this position. Thank you.