Not all certifications are created equal
When you’re scaling one of the Seven Summits, you need to trust your guide’s training.
That’s why Thomson goes further than most other companies: all our head guides are Wilderness First Responder-certified by outside climbing authorities. That’s more than an in-house training program, it’s the highest standard of guide training on Kilimanjaro.
Learn more about our guides:
- Fluent in English and Swahili
- Have 100-200+ professional summits of Kilimanjaro
- Trained to use extensive emergency equipment, including Gamow bags, stretchers, AEDs, oxygen, and life-saving medications
- Lead prominent groups like MTV, WaterCan, and Through the Roof
- Regularly check guests for signs of altitude sickness
- Trained in high-altitude evacuations