When your goal is as lofty as Uhuru Peak, every detail matters.
Thomson is the premier Kilimanjaro outfitter because we pay attention to all the details. The same team that owns Thomson Safaris also owns the ground operations on the mountain, so you can be sure that every comfort promised is truly delivered. The more comfortable you are, the better chance you have at summiting.
- Tents are custom-designed to keep you warmer, drier and help you get the rest you need.
- Hot water bottles are provided to guests who need extra warmth at night.
- Nutritionist-designed meals provide optimum fuel for your trek.
- Unlimited purified water keeps you hydrated, which also helps reduce the effects of altitude.
- Private toilet tents provide a much more hygienic and comfortable experience, in contrast to the shared bathrooms that most operators use.
- All head guides are WFR-certified, the highest standard of mountain training.
- Thomson carries more safety equipment than any other outfitter and all guides are trained to use it.
Support ethical employment
- Porters receive one of the highest compensation packages on the mountain and their work ethic reflects that.
- You can rest assured your trek is helping support good jobs for Tanzanians.
- We are leading members of the Kilimanjaro Porters Assistance Project (KPAP); we have set the standard for porter treatment industry-wide.