The Thomson Camping Experience – Comfort and Space
You’re about to hike 45 miles up and down a 19,341-foot peak, over a period of ~7 days and 7 nights. How important would you consider the tents where you’ll spend your nights? The short answer – they’re critically important. This is where Big Agnes comes in. Our new and improved Big Agnes tents are the next big thing on Kili and big is the key word here. Our previous tent was 48-square-feet, while the new tent is a roomy 61-square-feet. That’s a 27% increase in space!
- Closed-cell foam, full-ground pads keep you warmer, drier and more comfortable.
- Tailored fly sheets and attached vestibules provide space for your gear.
- Thomson’s exclusive custom-designed zipper system keeps out the elements.
- Tents are large enough for four adults, but we never sleep more than two in a tent.
All Thomson Treks also include:
- Private toilet tents
- Solar-lit dining tents with 3 nutritionist-planned meals
- Hot basins of water provided daily
Looking for accommodations with a touch of luxury?
Our Grand Traverse treks include upgraded, upgraded tents, outfitted with solar lighting, a sturdy mountaineering bed and foam mattress.