We Know Kilimanjaro
We’ve been sending travelers to Tanzania for over 30 years, we’ve trekked every route on the mountain (and stayed in every single hut, lodge, and campsite there is), and all of your Thomson trip planners have successfully summited Kilimanjaro.
We eat, sleep, and breathe Kilimanjaro, and we can say with confidence: no one knows the mountain better.
But our knowledge is just the start. On a Thomson trek, there’s no middleman; Rick and Judi own both the US and Tanzanian operations, so your trek will be perfectly planned from start to finish. We’re always listening to our trekkers’ feedback, and more importantly, we’re constantly changing to fit their needs.
There are no hidden costs. Our packages are all-inclusive, which means your park fees, amenities, trip transfers and more are totally covered. Virtually the only things you’ll need to budget for in Tanzania are souvenirs, bar beverages, and gratuities for your guides and porters (and we’ll tell you how to plan for that).
We help you with everything from route-specific personal training programs (with Fit For Trips) to renting or buying your gear. That’s why we have a 98% summit success rate, and hundreds of happy trekkers singing our praises.
Learn more about what you can expect on a Thomson trek:
- Your team are safety experts, with more safety equipment than any other organization in Tanzania.
- Your guides not only have hundreds of summits under their belts, they’re NOLS/WMA certified Wilderness First Responders.
- We are founding members of the Kilimanjaro Porter’s Assistance Project, and offer the highest compensation packages on the mountain; learn more about how your porters.
- Thomson is a sustainable company that insists on adherence to Leave No Trace ethics (and goes well beyond that).
- Your personal Kili planner will help create the perfect trek for you.
- Nutritionist-designed meals and unlimited water will help power you up the mountain
- Go beyond “roughing it” with exclusive mountain comforts.