A trek up Kili is supposed to be a challenging, rigorous experience, but it wouldn’t be a Thomson trip without those little luxuries! Your mountaineering camps include unique innovations and the highest quality amenities on Kilimanjaro:
Eco-Friendly Solar-Lit Dining Tents
At the end of a hard day’s hike, comfortable, inviting dining tents will be exactly what you need to restore both your strength and your spirits. Your dining tents feature:
- Eco-friendly solar lighting
- Lounge chairs with arm- and backrests (instead of the small backless stools most groups use to save on weight). Sit back and relax in these comfortable chairs!
- Freshly-prepared, nutritionally balanced gourmet mountain food.
Hygienic Private Toilets:
A private toilet tent isn’t just a luxury; once you see the public long-drop toilets used by hundreds of trekkers daily (and rarely, if ever, cleaned), you’ll realize it’s a necessity! Your exclusive customized toilet tents:
- Give you welcome privacy
- Help you stay healthy, thanks to strict hygiene standards and ample hand sanitizer
- Feature eco-friendly portable pump-flush toilets
Customized Mountaineering Tents:
Thomson guests stay dry and warm in customized professional mountaineering tents, featuring:
- Unique, full-tent footprint closed-cell foam ground pads (which help keep you, and all of your gear, warm and dry)
- Specially tailored fly sheets with vestibule
- Our exclusive upgraded zipper system, which keeps rain, wind, and dust out, making your tent warmer and drier than you could ever imagine
- Room enough for three trekkers…but we only ever sleep two in a tent, so you’ll have room to spread out!