Your Personal Kilimanjaro Planner
All Thomson guests have access to a personal Kilimanjaro planning expert whose only goal is to ensure you have the best experience possible. All our experts have summited themselves, and will:
- Talk to you about your current physical fitness, hiking experience, and training regimen
- Suggest the best route options based on your individual needs and schedule
- Advise on cutting-edge hiking gear to complete your Kilimanjaro equipment list
- Plan everything for your trip, from simple to complex itineraries
- Coordinate the perfect wildlife safari, beach vacation, chimp or gorilla trek, or visit to any of Tanzania’s fabulous national parks as a spectacular finish to your Kili achievement
Kilimanjaro Program Manager
A champion swimmer and avid hiker both in the US and abroad (including a trek up Kilimanjaro!), Rachel understands a physical challenge! She helps travelers of any fitness and experience level prepare for the challenges of Kili.
Amy Garwood Czarnecki
Kilimanjaro Trek and Safari Consultant
Trained as a Wilderness First Responder, Amy has extensive wilderness experience and a wealth of knowledge of outdoor equipment and gear. She is an invaluable resource for trekkers preparing to climb Kili!
Kilimanjaro Trek Sales Consultant
The love of travel and adventure must run in Samantha’s blood! The daughter of a travel agent, she grew up traveling and so far has been to Canada, Bermuda, Italy, Scotland, and Switzerland. Weekend rambles in the woods developed a love of the outdoors, which eventually led to leadership training with the Appalachian Mountain Club and a job leading group recreation trips in Yellowstone National Park. A wildlife enthusiast, she’s always dreamed of Africa and can’t wait to conquer Kilimanjaro!