Your Personal Kili Planner
All Thomson guests have access to a personal Kili planning expert whose only goal is to ensure you have the best experience possible. All our experts have summited themselves, and will:
- Talk to you about your current physical fitness, hiking experience, and training regimen
- Suggest the best route options based on your individual needs and schedule
- Advise on cutting-edge hiking gear to complete your Kilimanjaro equipment list
- Plan everything from flights to additional activities, from simple to complex itineraries
- Coordinate the perfect wildlife safari, beach vacation, chimp or gorilla trek, or visit to any of Tanzania’s fabulous national parks as a spectacular finish to your Kili achievement
Katie Cordes Cella
Kilimanjaro Program Manager
Katie has summited Kili twice, journeyed all over Tanzania on safari, and traveled the world. She has an impressive depth of knowledge on all-things-Kili, and knows exactly how to make Thomson guests’ trips extraordinary!
A champion swimmer and avid hiker both in the US and abroad (including a trek up Kilimanjaro!), Rachel understands a physical challenge! She helps travelers of any fitness and experience level prepare for the challenges of Kili.
Amy Garwood Czarnecki
Kilimanjaro Trek and Safari Consultant
Trained as a Wilderness First Responder, Amy has extensive wilderness experience and a wealth of knowledge of outdoor equipment and gear. She is an invaluable resource for trekkers preparing to climb Kili!